You know that tiny chip that was added to your debit card a few years ago? That little chip has helped significantly reduce fraud due to counterfeit cards in just two years. But, many ATMs and fuel pumps haven’t converted to the chip technology yet making them prime targets for fraudsters who want to steal your info.
Keep yourself and your card data protected while you’re at the ATM or fuel pump with these simple STEPS:
- Set online and mobile banking fraud alerts.
- Tug the card reader. Is it loose?
- Examine your surroundings.
- Protect your PIN; cover it with your hand.
- Scan for security tape seal on pump.
Here are some additional tips to stay safe:
- Use an ATM in a well-lit area.
- Use a fuel pump closest to and facing the store.
- Closely monitor your accounts and call us if you suspect fraud.
It has been brought to our attention that some people are receiving emails disguised as coming from Black River Country Bank. They are from various "fake" senders such as Mona Lisa Moore and Gloria Lovelady. The content says "Your USB Global Master Card is activated and ready for purchases."
THESE ARE SPAM!! THEY ARE NOT COMING FROM BLACK RIVER COUNTRY BANK.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON OR OPEN ANYTHING WITHIN THE EMAIL. SIMPLY DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 715-284-9448.