We have three EASY ways to access Mobile Banking …
you don't even need a "Smartphone."
Text – you text us and we will text you back. Use this feature with any cell phone with text capabilities.
Apps – for your iPhone or Android "smartphone" device, simply click one of the app store buttons below and search for our TouchBanking App and then it is as easy as 1-2-3!!
Mobile Banking FAQ
- What is Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking?
- Why Should I use Black River Country Mobile Banking?
- Is there any cost for Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking?
- How can I get Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking?
- How do I enroll in Online Banking since I understand I need to have that set-up first?
- How do I enroll for Mobile Banking via Online Banking?
- How do I install the Smart Phone APP?
- Do I need Mobile Web access to use Mobile Banking?
- Is there a wait period after enrolling?
- What types of accounts can I access with Mobile Banking?
- What do I use for my Mobile Banking password?
- Can I pay bills through Mobile Banking?
- Can I set up NEW Payees through Mobile Bill Pay?
Mobile Banking Security FAQ
- Is my mobile device secure to use? I feel secure with my computer. I like to use my computer for my banking activities and I'm concerned about using my phone.
- What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
- Why can't I simply use my computer to access my account? I'm more comfortable with it, and I can just wait until I get access at home.
You text us and we will text you back.
Short Message Service (SMS) text messaging provides account-specific information (such as available balance and transaction history) to a customer's mobile device and to the financial institution account. SMS works on all phones supporting text message commands. Applications (“Apps”) and data plans are not required. SMS uses simple text commands and works with most U.S. mobile service carriers. There are no product logins or passwords. Mobile Banking customers retrieve account information such as:
- Account balances
- Recent transaction history
You can also receive text alerts on selected banking transactions by texting short phrases to a five-digit financial institution number, which is included in your activation text message.
For Text Banking, Online Banking enrollment is first necessary. Once enrolled, text one of the following commands to short code 99588 to receive account information directly to your mobile.
BAL -- For accounts and balances
HIST + Account Nickname (e.g., HIST SAV1) -- For specific account
ATM + Street or ZIP (e.g., ATM 54615)
BRANCH + Street or ZIP (e.g. BRANCH 54642)
Access by clicking here https://fmm.mbgo.net/075906032/webkit/ or typing into your mobile browser on any cell phone or tablet with Internet access (or by clicking on this link if viewing on your mobile device).
Mobile Browser (Wireless Application Protocol or WAP) service uses the wireless Internet browser on the mobile device to perform the following transactions:
- View account balances
- View transaction history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make bill payments
- locate ATMs
Note: Mobile Banking WAP service automatically times out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Request a Link to the Mobile Web
During enrollment to Mobile Banking, if the Mobile Browser service is selected, a text message is sent containing a unique website address (URL) for Mobile Banking to the mobile device.
If the original message cannot be found, you may request another text message.
To request a link to the Mobile Web:
- Login to your Online Banking account and click Profile (upper right corner).
- On the Profile page, scroll down to the Mobile Banking section, click Manage Device(s).
- On the Main Menu page, from the My Devices tab, from the "I want to" list select "Get a link to the Mobile Banking website" and click Go.
- Click Get Link.
- A confirmation message indicating that a text message containing a link to the Mobile Web was sent to the mobile device appears. To return to the Mobile Web Main Menu page, click Go to Mobile Banking Main Menu.
For your iPhone or Android "smartphone" device. Download from your iPhone or Android "smartphone" device, simply click one of the app store buttons below and then it is as easy as 1-2-3!!
- Download TouchBanking from the App Store
- Enter App Code BlackRiver (capital B and capital R)
- Go Mobile!!
- Enter the SAME Username and Password as your Online Banking account (NOTE: You will be asked to answer initial security questions since you are registering a new device).
The downloadable Mobile Banking application, called TouchBanking, installs software directly to your mobile device. This application is used to login using Multifactor Authentication (MFA) to SIMPLY perform all inquires and transactions as Online Banking and Mobile Web, like receiving real-time balances, viewing account information, performing funds transfers, paying bills … and then some!!
Note: The Mobile Banking downloadable application service (“App”) automatically times out after five minutes of inactivity.
Users can download TouchBanking directly from App stores. They can activate the newly installed app by entering their existing Online Banking credentials and our unique App Code = BlackRiver. This download and activation process for TouchBanking allows for simpler and quicker registration by eliminating the need for download and activation text messages.
Mobile Banking FAQ
A: In short, with Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking, you can be sure that your banking activities are with you at all times. You can securely access your Black River Country Bank accounts from your mobile device to check account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, find your nearest branch and ATM and more.
A: The real-time convenience of Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking just cannot be matched by anything else. Think about all your situational scenarios where it can really come in handy:
When you’re at the electronics store, and you see that big screen HDTV you absolutely just have to buy - play it safe & make a quick check on your account balance and make sure you have enough money before you purchase.
How many times do you find yourself simply waiting around? If you’re waiting at the DMV, or waiting at the airport for your flight – this would be a great time to get in tune with your spending habits by checking and reviewing your transaction history.
When you’re out on vacation, out traveling, or simply have no computer access, you might have a bill you forgot to pay from home or a bill that is due very soon. Don’t cut it close. Ensure that you’re never late on any of your bills by making a quick and easy bill payment from your phone.
Going out this Friday night and realize you’ll need some cash? Find your bank’s nearest ATM from wherever you are, which just might be at a convenient store a block away.
A: Our Mobile Banking is ABSOLUTELY FREE – even more reason to use Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking.*
A: It’s really easy to get Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking. You can simply find our TouchBanking App from your device app store or here on our site! Here is what you will need:
- An eligible Black River Country Bank Online Banking account
- A smartphone (iOS, Android, BlackBerry), a web-enabled device (mobile web) or standard mobile device with text capabilities* (for text banking)
A. Go to our Homepage www.brcbank.com
- Click on the Online Banking Login button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select Enroll (at the bottom of the pop-up box).
- Follow our enrollment and confirmation process.
Once enrolled, return to Online Banking and enter your Username and Password (you may have to enter a few security questions too) then go to Profile - Mobile Banking to set up your device (or simply go back to your Touchbanking App that you installed on your device).
A. Enrollment is completed through our Online Banking system.
- Login on to Online Banking.
- From the Profile menu (Home screen upper right-hand corner), choose Mobile Banking and select Manage Device(s) to complete your preferred device activation.
A text message will be delivered to your phone with easy instructions to activate your Mobile Banking service.
A. The Smart Phone App can be found by searching your smart phone's respective application ("App") store.
- Go to your App Store, Select Finance>Top Free Apps>TouchBanking; OR
- Simply select Search and enter TouchBanking.
Once downloaded, Online Banking customers can use their same credentials to login to their Mobile Banking APP. Mobile Banking APP users do not need to change any preferences within Online Banking to access the APP.
A. No. We also offer Text Banking. Any mobile phone with texting capabilities can instantly view balances, recent transactions, and receive text alerts.
A. No. Once you’ve enrolled and activated the service, Mobile Banking is ready to use.
NOTE: If you are a NEW Online Banking customer, just be sure you Login to your Online banking account at least once to activate your new Username and Password prior to your first Mobile banking session.
A. Mobile Banking will provide access to the same accounts that are viewable through Online Banking including checking, savings, CD’s and loans.
A. The password used for Mobile Banking is the SAME as the password you use to login to Online Banking. If you change your Online Banking password, your Mobile Banking password will also change.
We recently instituted a security update to the Touchbanking mobile banking app. This update now prevents users from accessing their banking information through their mobile phones if their online banking password has expired. Users with an expired password will need to log in to their online banking on a home computer, laptop, or tablet and follow the password change prompts. Once completed, the Touchbanking app will once again allow users to access their banking information.
PLEASE NOTE, online banking password changes are required every 90 days, so be aware that users will need to complete this process with each future password expiration.
Please call us at (715)284-9448 if you need assistance.
A. Yes. Now you can pay your bills right from your mobile phone … and with NO monthly BRCB fees!!
You must first be enrolled for our Online Bill Pay service within our Online Banking to access this feature. Our bill pay service is now absolutely free of charge to our customers!!
Mobile Web service is required for this level of service. Message and Data rates may apply. Not available with our Text Banking option. (Phones without internet access)
A. No. However, you can easily add NEW Payees by logging on to our Online Bill Pay service. Everything you add/update will then automatically transfer to your Mobile Banking experience!!
Mobile Banking Security FAQ
A: Rest assured. Mobile is safe to use!
Smartphones such as iPhones, Android and Blackberry have a very controlled and secure operating system
Mobile Banking uses 128 bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information
Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion
Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after 3 incorrect attempts from your mobile device
Mobile Banking uses additional Security Q&A authentication for initial access to your account
A: Nobody wants their phone lost or stolen. But in the rare case that it does, you should know that your Mobile Banking access is secured.
No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
Your login session automatically times out after 5 minutes of inactivity on the Apps, 10 minutes of inactivity on the Mobile Web/WAP, and 60 seconds of inactivity using Text Banking/SMS.
A: You certainly can use your computer. But you’ll really miss out on all the COOL, FREE benefits of Mobile Banking to keep you secure!!
Easily deposit checks from the comforts of your home with Black River Country Bank’s Mobile Deposit feature for your iPhone or Android device.**
Save time and gas and make yourself comfortable! Now you can make a quick and secure deposit of your check with Black River Country Bank's Mobile Deposit feature that can be added to your Mobile Banking App!! Just follow our easy-to-apply instructions.
To Apply for Mobile Deposit:
Click here to print out the Mobile Deposit Application, complete and sign, agreeing to Terms and Conditions. Once complete, either:
- Fax it to 715-284-7153, or
- Drop it off at either our Black River Falls or Melrose location for processing.
As with our Mobile Banking App (please see details below), be sure you’re first registered for Online Banking for a seamless transition into Mobile Banking.
Once Approved for Mobile Deposit:
- Log into your BRCB Mobile Banking App
- Select the “Deposit” icon and follow the prompts to enter Deposit details
- Properly Endorse check ("For Mobile Deposit Only," Signature, Date)
- Snap a photo of the FRONT & BACK of check
- Confirm the deposit
Mobile Deposit FAQs
- What is Mobile Deposit exactly?
- Are there limits on the amount I am able to deposit?
- When are my funds available?
- How many checks can I deposit at a time?
- Is there any cost for Black River Country Bank Mobile Deposit?
- How do I properly endorse my check?
- I've never done anything like this before, do you have any quick tips?
Mobile Deposit FAQ
A: Mobile Deposit is an integrated solution offered as an add-on capability of Black River Country Bank's Mobile Banking, which leverages Source Capture Optimization (SCO) Mobile Source Capture. Our Mobile Deposit feature allows users to make a check deposit via BRCB's Mobile Banking App, by photographing the front and back of the check with their iPhone or Android mobile phone and submitting that image for deposit to their account.
Note - This feature is only available via the downloadable App channel – and only on the iPhone or Android device.
A: In short, with Black River Country Bank Mobile Deposit, the current individual item dollar limit is $2,500.00 and the current daily dollar aggregate limit is $2,500.00.
A: Deposits received prior to 2:45PM, Central Standard Time (CST) on a Business Day Black River Country Bank is OPEN will be credited to your account on the SAME business day. Deposits received after 2:45PM CST or on any day Black River Country Bank is NOT OPEN, including holidays, will be credited the NEXT business day.
A: You may deposit up to three (3) items per day (so long as the respective dollar limits are not exceeded). One check/deposit at a time.
A: Prior to taking a photo of your check, you MUST add your signature endorsement to the back of the check as follows:
For Mobile Deposit Only
A: Our Mobile Banking and associated convenience features, such as Mobile Deposit, are ABSOLUTELY FREE – even more reason to use Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking.*
Still unsure? Check out our “peace of mind” guarantee if you’re not convinced mobile banking is safe.
Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking “Peace of Mind” Guarantee.
We are dedicated to providing you with a safe, secure, and dependable Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking service. You can be confident that the transactions performed using Black Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking will be secure and performed correctly, provided you adhere to the terms and conditions governing the service.
You have nothing to worry about. You can be confident in using Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking and use with peace of mind. Our Black River Country Bank Guarantee protects all of our mobile banking customers. In the unlikely event there is any unauthorized access to your account through Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking, you will be fully covered for any funds removed. So enjoy a worry-free and beneficial experience with Black River Country Bank Mobile Banking.
* Messaging and Data Rates May Apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details.
** Mobile Deposit is functional on iPhone and Android Apps only. Messaging and Data Rates May Apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details.