June 21, 1907
Bank of Melrose obtains its charter and commences business with $10,000 of capital. O. P. Larson appointed President. The Bank began doing business in what is now the Melrose Place Salon.
Original Investors – O. P. Larson, John O. Melby, and C. F. Ringlee of Whitehall and Robert Crowley, A. J. Webb, F. H. White, T. R. Bartlett, Mark Beach, E. S. Beach, Brent Emerson, Andrew Lutz, C. J. Hogg, Theo Quackenbush, Ward O. Gilbert, W. A. Sholes, J. W. Robinson, E. J. Higgins, Charles Newland, Frank Wachter, Frank O’Hearn, and O. C. O’Hearn of Melrose.
Businessmen from Whitehall sold their interest in the Bank to local investors. F. E. Tanner elected President, A. J. Webb elected Vice President, and C. J. Hogg was appointed Cashier.
The Bank also relocated to 400 N. Washington Street, the back of what is now the Melrose Alliance Church.
The Bank moved south down Main Street to 304 N. Washington Street and rented the first floor of the Odd Fellows Building, which is now the Melrose Vet Clinic. The Bank operated at this location for 22 years.
Upon the death of F. E. Tanner, C. J. Hogg becomes president of the Bank and C. S. Hogg is appointed Cashier.
Bank moves to its present site at 401 N. Washington Street.
Tom Hogg appointed President and his wife Blanche appointed Assistant Cashier.
Harold Wike joins the Bank as Cashier.
April 21, 1956
Grand Opening for the newly constructed Bank of Melrose was held. Cost to build the new Bank was $58,885.
Tom Hogg retires as President and Harold Wike takes over the position.
Harold Wike unexpectedly dies and Tom Hogg returns as President for a short period. John Lair, from Hammond, WI, purchased Wike’s share of the Bank and takes over as President.
Alan Kirchner, from Alma, takes over as Bank President and Jerry Proft is named Vice President.
May 12, 1973
Bank of Melrose expands and opens a branch Bank north of Black River Falls on Highway 12.
Alan Kirchner resigns as President and Gene Radcliffe is appointed to the position.
Board of Directors and stockholders vote to change the name from the Bank of Melrose to Black River Country Bank.
Longtime Melrose Branch Manager, Executive Vice President, and Board Member, Winston Zeman, retires after 26 years with the Bank.
October 23, 1995
Open house is held for the newly constructed Black River Country Bank in Black River Falls located at 221 Main Street.
April 25, 2003
Open house is held for the newly remodeled Melrose Office of Black River Country Bank.
After serving 30 years as Vice President, Loan Officer, and Black River Falls’ Branch Manager, Glen Goeman announces his retirement from the Bank.
Bob Becker appointed President.
The Bank currently has $61,000,000 in Assets with two bank locations and 22 employees.
Bank is celebrating 105 years. Current assets are $70,000,000 with 24 bank employees.